The City of Lompoc has introduced three ordinances, which are to amend Chapter 9.36 of the Lompoc Municipal Code (LMC). Ordinance No. 1640(17), Ordinance No. 1645 (18), and Ordinance 1646(18) provide for the City of Lompoc’s (City) issuance of licenses for operations of all commercial cannabis activities, except outdoor cultivation.

Lompoc City Council Resolutions No. 6147 (17) and 6148 (17) implement the City Council’s decision to allow commercial cannabis activities within the City in a manner that best protects the public health and safety and still complies with the City Council’s direction not to overregulate those activities.


Upcoming: City Council Meeting

Date: March 20, 2018
Time: 6:30 pm
Location: City Hall Council Chambers, 100 Civic Center Plaza, Lompoc, CA

Discussion of taxation of cannabis in Lompoc

Commercial Cannabis Use Application Workshop

Date: Monday, March 5, 2018
Time: 1 PM
Location: Council Chambers, 100 Civic Center Plaza

Workshop Slides

Application Process Flowchart

Workshop Video


To receive updates on the latest information about commercial cannabis application processes, email ccuinfo@ci.lompoc.ca.us


Application Cover Sheet

Commercial Cannabis License Use Application

Property Owner’s Statement of Consent Form

Request for Live Scan Service


City of Lompoc Zoning Map

Cannabis Locations for Permitted Commercial Cannabis Activity

Cannabis Uses Prohibited Areas

Cannabis Smoking Prohibited Areas


Bureau of Cannabis Control:

CA Department of Food and Agriculture:

CA Department of Public Health:


How much is application fee?
The City is requiring an initial “deposit” of $11,900 per application, plus $1,100 per applicant and each person listed in Section A of the application. The deposited funds will be used to pay all initial and annual fees to cover the City’s costs for processing, reviewing and auditing the commercial cannabis use license and activity, as established by a Resolution of the City Council.

Can I get a temporary license?
No. The City of Lompoc is not issuing temporary licenses.

How long will it take for me to receive my license after I submit the application?
While this is a new process, the City’s consultant anticipates the turnaround time will be 4-6 weeks. However, the length of time will be determined by the completeness of the application at the time of submittal, and how many applications the City receives at one given time. In addition, review time could be prolonged due to the need to provide a more in depth description during the application process, depending on the particular commercial cannabis use activity requested. For example, a volatile manufacturing facility could require more detailed application items than a dispensary in order to show the operation will be in compliance with state and local regulations.

Is there a City tax on cannabis operations? If so, what is it?
Not at this time. At the City Council meeting of March 20, 2018, Council will consider the development of cannabis tax options for all allowable commercial cannabis activities while supporting viable and sustainable local cannabis businesses. Any Council approved tax recommendations would move forward for voter approval on the November 2018 ballot.

How do I know where I can operate?
Please consult with the Planning Division to ensure proper zoning for your business. Also, consult the cannabis use prohibited area map, and locations for permitted commercial cannabis activity maps found in the Zoning Information area above.


For general information, contact our City Clerk’s Office: 805-875-8241

For land- use / zoning questions, contact our Planning Division: 805-875-8228

For business license questions, contact our City Clerk’s Office: 805-875-8241

City of Lompoc - 100 Civic Center Plaza - Lompoc, CA 93436 - (805) 736-1261 - © 2011